If you are planning on decorating upstairs and want to do something different in the bedroom then how about decorating with metal. More versatile than you might think, metal is a great material for accessories and statement pieces in the bedroom. It may not immediately strike you as the ideal finish for the bedroom as it is not a soft material, but here are a few ideas of ways to give it a go:
- A metal bedstead. Polished chrome, matt black or classic brass, a metal frame to your divan beds will always look spectacular.
- Metal framed mirror. An over-sized mirror in the bedroom is an on-trend look right now so reflect your room in style with a large mirror framed either in plain metal or an intricate metal work design.
- An ornate chandelier. A metal work light fitting designed in curlicues or perhaps leaf shapes is a great way to light a bedroom, and any hanging crystals will cast the light beautifully over your latest Bensons purchase.
- Candle sticks. The ultimate romantic accessory, candles in the bedroom are glamorous and sexy. Go for that gothic, vampire look and get out the candelabra.
- Metallic fabrics. Not for everyone or every room, but careful use of a dramatic shimmering cloth will make a statement like no other. Try it on a cushion cover and mix and match with cotton or satin to tone the overall effect down.
- Objet d’arts in metal will accessorise a bedroom perfectly. Look out for trinket boxes, ornaments and photo frames in a variety of metals.
- A wall clock. Ditch the radio alarm clock and go for a retro schoolroom clock to keep you right on time. Wrought iron designs are popular or perhaps a carriage clock for the mantelpiece.